Tuesday 27 September 2011

Colour Blind

Actually, to pursue my current theme of found poems, the following poem of mine was published in MsLexia in their Summer/Autumn issue of 2002 ... 


Colour blind

The pyrotechnicienne from Alsace
                          hired for my fireworks party
described afterwards her
                                       favourite explosive device.

Construction:
4 kilo shell
3 kilo shell
2 kilo shell
(compacted into a single projectile).

  Effect:
Red
 fan-
palm
green
parasol
vermilion
nightflowering
chrysanthemum

As she said,
                                                  not without remorse,
“This is a spectacle I shall never see
                            for my own pleasure
because when I light the fuse I am stranded directly beneath,
              yet someone once thanked me and
                                             asked if I would be kind enough
to hang
another chandelier
   in the void.”

No comments:

Post a Comment